Job Posting – Estimator
Cortina Kitchens Inc. is looking for a responsible and highly motivated Estimator to join their team. The Estimator will be responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for projects, including materials and labour. He or she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of potential clients and previous quotations. This individuals accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business, as under-estimates may cause significant financial losses and over-estimates may result in the inability to win bids. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
What We Offer
- Competitive Wages: (based on experience)
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Benefits Package
- Family-Owned Company
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Prepare and/or assists in completing budgetary and final estimating of scopes of work
- Develop and/or assists in the preparation of estimate packages
- Use knowledge to focus work and drive short and long-term solutions
- Review requests for quotations and customer supplied drawings to determine the quantity of material, labour, and other factors that may impact the overall costs of a project
- Responsible for detailed cost estimates and qualification development for bid proposals
- Perform detailed structural and miscellaneous take offs
- Establish pricing for structural and/or miscellaneous scopes of work
- Deal with customers – must be able to maintain relationships with customer
- Assist with Project Controls (Schedule/Cost control)
- Minimum 3 years of experience estimating in the kitchen manufacturing industry.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering degree, or an appropriate field is considered an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office, CRM software, AutoCAD, Microvellum, Sketch-Up
- Knowledge in kitchen & cabinet detailing is considered a strong assest.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability and understanding of architectural drawings and takeoffs.
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- High comfort level with computers and computer systems
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results and choose the best solution to solve challenges.
- Positively resolve complaints. Be solution driven and able to settle objections/unrealistic requests with a positive outcome.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely utilizing strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Exceptional ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Interacts with management, colleagues, and visitors
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
Thank you for your interest in Cortina Kitchens Inc. Visit www.cortinakitchens.com for more information about our company!
Cortina Kitchens Inc. supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.